As I laid down to go to sleep tonight I started to think back to what I was doing exactly a year ago at this time. As I looked at the alarm clock all I could do is just smile. When I looked at the clock it was 11:30. It seems like everyone has those certain dates or times that they will always remember. Over the past 2 year I have many dates that stick in my head. The first being March 18th which was the day of Andrew's baby shower. April 4th was the day I did my Group B Strep exam. April 7th the day I felt that I was leaking fluid and really started to feel like I had a black cloud over the pregnancy. Of course the 14th and the 15th of every month is hard. Not only do days have special meanings even the time of day does. Examples are 7:15 pm the time Andrew was born. 5:05 am the time I went into the nursery to spend the first and last 2 hours with him alive and not on life support. 2:05 pm the time Brian was asked to call the time of death and to stop all life support measures. But on the brighter side the time of 11:30 on April 3rd does bring a smile to my face. On April 3rd I was supposed to report to the hospital by 11 pm to begin antibiotics before my induction the following moring. Brian was on a flight coming home from Boston and Mom and Kirby were going to take care of Allyson that night. Elizabeth and Sam came to my rescue to help me pass the time before I was going to be admitted to the hospital. Elizabeth showed up that afternoon and the family went to eat Mexican food. Being 9 months pregnant and knowing that it was going to be a while before I has another meal nothing was off limits (well except for the margaritas). After dinner I went home finished packing my bags and getting Allyson settled in for the night. Even then I had so many emotions. I was so excited to have another chance of having a baby yet terrified that something tragic would happen all over again. I was also worried about leaving Allyson for so many days. Before this night I had only been away from her for one night and that was the night I had Andrew. I was so worried that something would happen to her while I was in the hospital focusing on William. But like so many times during my journey I had to just pray and put everything in God's hands. Before going straight to the hospital Elizabeth, Sam, and I made a detour to the bar at Applebees. What a sight to see two attractive girls bringing there much pregnant friend to a bar at 11 o'clock at night on a Tuesday. The conversation was light and just what I needed to get through the emotional rollercoaster that I was riding. We were there for a couple of hours and I really enjoyed myself considering the situation and even with no alcohol on my part (though I can't say the same for my "designated driver". :) )At 11:30 I got a call on my cell phone. Brian was calling me to tell me that the hospital was looking for me. I thought that was hilarious. This baby has been inside of me for 39 weeks and they are calling me because I'm 30 minutes late. I was thinking to myself it will be a long time before I can do this again so let me take advantage. None the less we were about finished so we headed up to the hospital. Elizabeth spent the entire night with me while I got my antibiotics and as they started the induction. All I can say about that night was it was a night filled with laughter and crazy conversations. I can truly say that from the moment Andrew died until about six months after William was home many things just seem like such a blur. I was going through the motions of day to day life but I was completely numb inside. I really don't remember all the little details of everything that has occured during that time. At this time I just want to thank Elizabeth and Sam (and Sherri who was there by phone) for taking the time and being with me that night. This post does not even begin to describe how much you all being there for me truly meant to me. Thank you for being there during that difficult night and thank you for staying by me during my journey.
Thursday, April 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
This is my favorite post you've ever done!
You were raw, girl!
I love being your friend. I've never known what I should say to you during these trials you've gone through and I still don't know what to say. It's been hard to see you hurting. I love you and your family so much and you are continually in my prayers. -SPC
Post a Comment