I'm still in the middle of my spring cleaning. It has taken me so long that this year I guess it will turn into my summer cleaning. I usually enjoy cleaning out all of our closets and drawers and making everything neat and tidy but now trying to do it while chasing two kids around is very overwhelming to me. Allyson and William's rooms are easy because I have two piles. I have the pile of clothes that they have out grown and the pile of clothes that could potentially fit next year. I take the pile of clothes they have out grown and box up the ones I could potentially use again. Though at this point the only way I would get pregnant would have to be from immaculate conception because Brian states "he is so done!" The playroom and living room are easy because Allyson gets to help. She is very good at getting rid of her toys that she no longer plays with because she has come to the conclusion that if she gives her old toys to the "poor kids" than she is being nice and will get new ones. I like to spin it so it looks like she has a big heart but in reality she is just looking out for number one. My laundry room pretty much stays organized and the kitchen is not a problem because that is Brian's area of the house. He has things organized the way he wants them and I will leave it at that. I know that most of ya'll are just rolling your eyes at me because I'm always getting the comments about how our house is so clean and organized. I'm always getting asked how we keep it that way with two kids, a dog, and me working so much. The short answer I believe is my undiagnosed OCD. It's time for me to admit that I do have one downfall to my organization and that is my closet. I have to admit that I don't think I have ever really tried to clean it out. I hate trying to purge clothes and will have to admit that I probably don't even wear 80% of the things that are in there. I have no idea why I hang onto these things that I will never wear again. So it is time to face the dreaded closet. While going through the closet I came across all kinds of things I didn't even know I still had. I found my letter jacket, senior prom dress (gave Jessica my junior prom dress years ago), bridesmaid dresses, clothes from high school, clothes I wore while at A&M, maternity clothes, my "skinny clothes" which are so out of date, and my "fat clothes" which are the ones I wore my last two years of pharmacy school before I was pregnant. See, I told you that I don't clean out my closet...it's full of crap!
I looked at this stuffed closet and knew that it was time to do something about it.
So I decided to procrastinate some more and play dress up instead of cleaning out the closet. This dress isn't old and is actually the one that I'm wearing to the American Red Cross Gala. I was just so excited because it is red, I feel comfortable wearing it, and most of all it was under $100.
Here is the bridesmaid dress from Abby's wedding. I actually liked this dress for a bridesmaid dress.
Here is the dress that I took my engagement photos in. I can't believe that was already 8 years ago.
Don't laugh! Here is my senior prom dress. Yes it was the 90's and no it still doesn't fit. Why is this still in my closet?!?
Okay, so I'm making this post so that now hopefully someone will hold me accountable for cleaning out that dreaded closet. Hopefully there soon will a part II to this story.
Friday, June 6, 2008
It's Time to Come Out of the Closet
Posted by Rhandi at 11:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
What a little packrat you are!
The only thing "old" I don't part w/is the prom dress from senior year prom...which is a very "me" dress ~even for back then...and a great 'flashback friday" idea.
I also have my wedding dress and the black shirt I wore on my 1st date w/Gregg. It is a ribbed vneck from Walmart...nice.
Other than that, I am so good a purging b/c we love donating to Goodwill for those tax writeoffs...
BTW...love, love the red dress for the gala and can't wait to see it next to Brian's smiley face!
Even though I'm desperately trying to get rid of my wedding dress, I will never part with event dresses from high school. They'll be way fun for some little girl somewhere to dress up in someday! And my mom made them - way too much sentimental attachment.
Girl, you are so freakin' skinny! And why did you buy another red dress that is nearly identical to the one you have? :)
No the other one is crimson and the Gala dress is red. I always feel weird wearing a bridesmaid dress to something else. The old dress would have to have all kinds of alterations and basically I'm just lazy.
This reminds me of "27 Dresses"
That is so awesome that you can fit into your high school prom dress!
You look awesome!
Post a Comment