CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Silent Night & The Angels among me

Every year one of our traditions is to go back home and to go to church with my Grandmother. I really love seeing my Grandmother light up when she proudly shows off Allyson and William to all of her friends. Since as long as I can remember the service has always ended with singing "Silent Night" by candle light. I love seeing all of the people getting close to their love ones and even the few (including me) that shed a few tears. Oh how this song really gets to me. My friend Tracy put it well in her blog. I guess it is the "sleep in heavenly peace" that really makes me shed a tear. I think of all the people that we have lost this year and of course I think of my dear Andrew. I can't believe that he is already spending his second Christmas in heaven this year. I light a candle in memory of him and the peace for me is knowing that we will be united in heaven.


On Christmas Eve we went out to the cemetery. It was so cold but we bundled up together and I read "Room for a Little One" to Allyson and William. We walked around and visited all the new markers for this year and talked about heaven. How I hate that Allyson is having to learn about death at such a young age but I hope that it helps her realize sooner than I did how precious life is and to not take the little things for granted.


On our trip home last night the song "Angels Among Us" by Alabama was playing on the trip home and how ironically that is was right at the time I was passing a little country cemetery in the middle of nowhere. Of course my first thought was of Andrew. For me, my children are the angels among me. Andrew has taught me more than anyone could in the few short hours he spent on earth. Through him I have truly learned how abuntly blessed that I am. I have also learned to not sweat the small stuff and to take the time to smell the roses. Life goes by in a blink of a eye and life truly is so fragile. It has also made me realize that when you are gone from this earth that your job will be replaced in the blink of an eye and your material possesions will be gone but that the impact that you make on your family and friends will last forever. For my two angels that walk the earth I am so thankful and blessed to be your mother. You both teach me everyday to look at the world through your innocent eyes and how to be a better person.

1 comments:

Tracy said...

Eeerie that we were so in-sync like that. I never really think of that Alabama song but as I was typing that post it came to me. I was originally going to just write about Macy's party and program but it turned into an angel post as I got sentimental. Then after church last night, I was REALLY sentimental.
I want to know if Allyson got that barbie head and not a hippo...Merry Christmas!