CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Hello 2009

Again this year I thought it would be best that I post my 2009 resolutions or goals. This way I will have some accountability and if that doesn't work at least I can look back and remember what I didn't do this year. Last year I posted a general list of what I would like to do. I have to admit that I'm really impressed with myself for 2008. Overall, I accomplished many things that I wanted to do in order to really "find myself" again. First of all, we have found a home church and have been attending regularly. Brian and I have really enjoyed going and they have a wonderful children’s program. Brian and I are doing better than ever. The last 2.5 years have been really hard on us but we have made it a point to focus on each other and make our marriage a priority. Personally, I have kept off 25 pounds that I lost back in April. Professionally, I passed my certification test so that will be out of my mind for the next 6 years. So this year, along with setting my resolutions I’m also make more of a list of things that I have been procrastinating. So here goes….

1. Becoming more involved in the church. It has been really difficult this year
with work and Brian’s school schedule but I need to stop using that as an excuse. I would like to become more involved in a small group.

2. Keeping Brian and my marriage a priority. Planning at least two dates a month and trying to find little things to remind him what he means to me.

3. Focusing more on the kids. I have been consistently spending quite time with the kids at night with reading and prayers and want to make sure I continue this. I would also like to spend time with each kid individually by doing girl time and teaching skills for kindergarten with Allyson and alone time with William by reading books, going on walks, and to the park.

4. To spend more time with my Grandmother.

5. I would like to read one book a month. A real book, not a children’s book.

6. I would like to maintain the weight that I have lost and lose another 15 pounds. I’m starting another 3 month Biggest Loser challenge with my play group on the 8th!

7. To start the kids’ baby albums. Sad to say I have never printed off one baby picture since Allyson has been born. I’m determined to make digital albums this year! I welcome any ideas or tips for this project.

8. To update my blog and website weekly.

9. Finally organizing my closet. That is the one place in my house that I just get overwhelmed.

10. Start to use coupons and learn the Walgreens or CVS game. With this economy we need to save our pennies.

11. Being a better friend because I’m so blessed to have the friends that I have!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Rhandi, great job in 2008 and I'm proud of you for setting new goals this year. (many of them sound similar to mine!) Hope to catch up with you soon. I miss you!

Sherri said...

Books are overrated :)

Sue Ann said...

Hi Rhandi, I've never done digital scrapbooking, but I've discovered the PhotoBook that all the websites offer (Kodak, Shutterfly, etc). These things are great because I don't have to drag out all the "scrapbooking mess" then put it away before I'm able to finish a page just so I can clear the dinner table. Digital scrapbooking is probably great for the same reasons (esp if you have a laptop and can do it on the couch in your jammies). I say, don't have a plan because you might get overwhelmed. Just start with your favorite pictures and have fun.