CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm Waving the White Flag

Let's just say that I'm about to have to quit one of my posting boards soon. Between the website and the BlogSpot I just can't keep up with both and I feel like I'm not giving my best to either site. The website is dear to me because I have had it since Allyson was an infant and I don't want to give it up. I know that long term I will have to either convert it to its own webpage or do something because I don't want to have teenagers and their website is on babyhomepages.net. I love BlogSpot because this is where I started posting all of my feelings and my journey with grief after we lost Andrew. I still have a story that I would like to share one day but I'm still not emotionally ready for that. I'm still not doing so hot about starting my New Year resolutions but hopefully I can get my butt in gear soon. Maybe I should do a post about that...lol. After my friend, Tracy, shut her blog down I keep questioning if I should do the same. So for now I'm surrendering to my goals and whatever happens, happens. Please let me know if you have a solution to my dilemma.

5 comments:

Sherri said...

hire a nanny and quit your job, then you'll have time to blog more.

Anonymous said...

I like the idea from Sherri the best :o)

Maybe try to keep both websites, but only write/update them when you want to. Maybe if it doesn't feel like such a "chore," you won't feel so overwhelmed. That way, you won't feel a "loss" by abandoning them altogether.

Rhandi said...

Thanks girls! Yes, Sherri you can send that comment to Brian...lol!

Unknown said...

Could you somehow save the website so the kids can see it someday but switch to blog only and use it to track both the kids and your own "crazy thoughts"? I have to admit I'm better at checking your blog than the website because I'm on blogger more. Just a thought.

Sue Ann said...

I agree with Jessica (Is that you, Jessica Spies???). The kids' website has that feature where you can purchase hard copies of your entries for a scrapbook, doesn't it? If it's creating stress, maybe it's time to do that. I can only imagine your emotional attachment to that website, though . . .only you know when it's time to cut the cord.

I've often thought it would be great to have my own Momma'sBlog--separate from the family blog. A place I could say all those things I can't say aloud under normal circumstances. But then I think about all the other things I can barely get done in a day and decide not to add to the list. So I understand your dilemma.

One thing I've done with our blog is that I only post certain things and I only post my favorite pictures. I figure that the highlights will have to do because it's all I have in me right now. For every one thing that's on it, there are two things that aren't.