Allyson is busy putting the finishing touches on her letter to Santa. I will post her wish list to Santa on the website along with some new pictures this weekend. One of the items Allyson has been asking for is a "sister baby". William and Allyson love to play babies and house. Both are always carrying around, feeding, rocking, and putting babies down for naps. She tells me that having a baby is "hard work". I'm glad she finally gets that. Ha! At first she wanted a real baby sister but for the last two months she was okay with getting one from Wal-Mart. I knew at this point she was desperate for a new doll because some of you may remember that when Allyson was two years old she told her Nana that she “doesn't do Wal-Mart.” Well for the past couple of weeks she is back to wanting a "real sister baby just like William but a girl". I finally found her a baby doll that looks more like a baby instead of just the generic babies with the hard vinyl heads and the eyes the rolls back when you put them down. Yes, I bought her a Berenguer doll that has been reborn off of Ebay. Some look so real that it is kind of creepy. I think it is beautiful if you collect them as a piece of art but not something I want my 4 year carrying around at the mall. The one she is getting looks like a doll. I just like these because they have hair more like a baby and love the eyes. I’m just curious on what Allyson will name her. So far all of her babies are named “Baby”. I really hope she is a little more creative with this one. 
Update:
After the auction the seller responded to me about having some "misgivings" on selling the baby to me for my daughter. She wanted to make sure I knew that the baby contained a magnet in the mouth for the pacifier. She wanted to make sure that I knew that it could be harmful and would be glad to refund my money. She also wanted me to know that I could contact the Poison Control for accurate information in a timely manner. She said her "mind was at peace" when she found out that I actually work there. I thought it was really sweet to know that there are still people in this world that are still concerned about others.
Friday, December 19, 2008
She Wants a "Real Sister Baby" for Christmas
Posted by Rhandi at 9:24 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
It is a little creepy (don't be offended, I tend to be creeped out by realistic dolls), but I'm sure Allyson will love her sister baby :)
What a great mom you are (in so many ways) but specifically on your great quest for the perfect doll.
At least this one looks like a doll. Did you see the link on the other dolls. Now that is creepy!
She's a beautiful baby!! Was it hard to choose?
Tracy, no this one was the cheapest!
Post a Comment