So I know I haven't posted much lately but things have just been really crazy. I have a hard enough time keeping up with the usual routine of chasing around two kids but the last few weeks have been just plain crazy. It hard enough to find all the time to decorate, shop, attend parties, send out cards, bake (okay you know that didn't happen other than making Santa's cookies but I threw that in for good measure), teaching the kids the true meaning of Christmas (you know Jesus and not Santa), and working over a hundred hours in two weeks. I didn't finish my entire checklist because sleep was at the bottom but I will get to that next week. I wanted to share a few pictures of what we have been up to for Christmas 2008. Here is part 1 of my Christmas checklist.
We started the week after Thanksgiving. The kids first project was to put together Samaritan Purse boxes. For those that may not know, Operation Christmas Child brings joy and hope to children in desperate situations around the world through gift-filled shoe boxes and the Good News of God’s love. We sent a gift to a 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy. We shared a letter, pictures and told about celebrating Christmas. We also sent a return envelop in hopes of receiving a letter back from our child.
Next came decorating the house. I have to admit that for me this is more of a chore. I don't enjoy dragging out all of this stuff and really hate clutter. I do this for the kids because I want them to have these memories. I wish I could be more creative and organize like some of my friends and put together a gorgous house for the holiday but who am I kidding. I love this picture because if you click on it you can see all the wonderful picture cards we have received from the people we love and get a closer look at the wondeful stockings my Grandmother has cross stitched for us.
I let the kids decorate the tree this year. That is why 3/4 of the ornaments are only on the bottom 3 feet of the tree. They are happy that they got to decorate and I'm happy that I didn't have to do it all. It's a win-win situation.
Just had to share this picture. Allyson calls it her "sexy pose". What is a sexy pose at 4 years old?!?
We will never forget our angel baby. I have truly been blessed with three amazing children and they have all taught me so much. I am a better person because of them.
Here is a closer look of Andrew's Christmas blanket. This is a tradition that is predominately done in the north but I just love the idea. Lucky for me I have another creative friend that makes any custom order that I can come up with.
Finally we finished up our Christmas card for 2008.
Last but not least to finish up part 1 of my Christmas list we have the picture with Santa. This was the first year to do this. I'm not a big fan of Santa and I'm totally not one of those Moms obsessed with getting that picture each year. This is the first year that Allyson wanted to see him and tell him what she wanted. Unfortunately for William he had to go along for the ride.
Monday, December 22, 2008
Christmas Checklist Part 1
Posted by Rhandi at 8:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
i continue to be amazed by Superwoman.
Dude, that's THE BEST Santa picture! A DOES NOT look amused with her fake half-smile, William is pissed--Even Santa isn't looking happy Hehehe Great way to end the blog. :) (StephM)
How do you do it all, Wonderwoman? I love that you have started teaching your children compassion, giving, and grace in such a tangible way early in life. I am working on the same things with Sterling and you truly give me inspiration.
Post a Comment