It is 4 o'clock Monday morning and I'm just about to finish up my 60 hour work week. I have been on the graveyard shift the last two nights and I'm running on about 3.5 hours of sleep. It would be an understatement to say that my temperament is a little short at the moment. For the last 30 minutes I have be receiving calls from the old guy who is trying to order a Valentine bear. Is he serious? Who orders a Valentine gift at 4 am? Well, apparently this old guy does. After numerous (okay only 3 times) of telling this guy he has the wrong number he wants me to dial this number that he heard on the radio for the Valentine bear. So sure, I do this just out of my own curiosity. So I dial the 1-800-dotbear to get the automatic recording that this is an invalid recording. At the end of the recording it gives the identity code of something like 0232. I guess he thinks that is my number that he is supposed to be calling. After going over with him once again that this is not the dot bear hotline he then calls back to ask what my number is for. I tell him that it is for people that take their medications incorrectly or if you get bitten by something like a spider or a snake. He then proceeds to tell me that he takes several medications but luckily for me he doesn’t elaborate on them. So I tell him once again that this is an emergency hotline so hopefully he will get it this time…I can only pray he does.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment