Just when I make the post that I'm going to start blogging more starting this week I come down with a horrible virus. Yesterday, I got off of work at three o'clock and felt a little nauseated. I thought my queasy stomach was from all the Mexican food I inhaled at lunch but I was so wrong. By five o'clock I was still trying to make it to step class at the gym and thought I could just “shake off” the nausea I was having. At 5:15 I got a horrible headache and could barely move from the pain. By six o'clock I was having full blown vomiting, diarrhea, migraine, and a weird neck pain. The pain was so intense that for a split second I thought I had viral meningitis. I spent a full hour laying on my bathroom floor crying, praying, and trying to decide if I could care for the kids (Brian was at school) or if I need to call some back up. Fortunately Allyson understood what was going on and was trying to help me out as best as possible. Poor William didn't have a clue why his Mommy is laying on the bathroom floor crying. He just sat is little body by my head and kept trying to give me kisses. Usually his kisses fix everything but oh not this time. Luckily the vomiting left as quickly as it came on and by the time Brian came home I was just having stomach pains and a horrible headache. I was all out of Ibuprofen but dug up some old Vicodin and took a sleeping pill. I was determined to put myself out of my misery for a few hours. Today I'm doing a little better. I even managed to drag myself into work around 6 pm for my 4 o’clock shift. Hey, better late than never.
On a side note when Brian came home he asked me how I managed to feed the kids and get them ready for bed. I just told him I sucked it up and managed. The part I left out is that William had a banana, cereal bar, and grapes for dinner while sitting on the bathroom floor!
As moms, we have all had similar experiences we just usually keep them to ourselves.
Friday, October 10, 2008
The untold stories of motherhood
Posted by Rhandi at 4:28 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Ugh...sucked to be you.
I hope you are on the mend now. I have a stash of the Vicodin from my csect w/Paige for "emergencies" as well.
Post a Comment