I love the new retail pharmacy blogs that I have linked into my favorite blogs to read. Those blogs help me to remember that there are worse things that I could be doing. For me, the worst day at my job is nothing compared to having to deal with all of the crap that you have to deal with in retail pharmacy. It seems like as soon as the average person walks into a pharmacy that their entire demeanor just changes and they feel like you owe them something and their IQ drops a few points. With my job people are pretty much grateful for the service that we give and it’s not a thankless job like retail. Unfortunately with any job that deals with the public you still have to interact with stupid people. With some calls no matter how hard I try I can't manage to not give a sarcastic answer. There is nothing like having to deal with things like this at 7:30 am.
Caller: My friend has been up all night doing ecstasy and now she feels sick. Is it okay for her to throw up or will that hurt her?
Me: What do you mean "hurt her"?
Caller: Could the vomiting hurt her?
Me: Compared to what? Considering that she been up all night doing ecstasy then vomiting is not the big risk here? Vomiting is not a risk unless she aspirates it into her lungs?
Caller: What do you mean?
Me: If she vomits and some of it goes into the lung and makes it difficult to breathe?
Caller: Oh, she wouldn't do that.
Me: You don't intentionally do that but there is a possibility especially when she is a little altered from her substance abuse.
Caller: Oh she wasn't abusing a substance just doing ecstasy
Me: Okay then she'll be fine.
Sunday, July 13, 2008
Do stupid people ever sleep?
Posted by Rhandi at 5:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Oh, yes, I did LOL at this one!!!!!!
I like your final answer. I think that is the best part!
Post a Comment