CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

You just can't fix stupid

So I have yet to blog about all of the stupid calls I get from work because if I started doing that I would be blogging at least ten times a day on my days at work. If I started to do that I really would start to go crazy or would probably be fired. Now don’t get me wrong, I don't have a problem talking to a caller that is asking stupid questions when they are really scared or concerned but some of my callers are truly just a waste of space on this earth. Take for instance the call I just received. The caller sounded like he was in his 50's or 60's.

C: I would like to make a complaint
R: Okay, what is your complaint?
C: There is a product that is on the market that is poisoning the public and something needs to be done about it.
R: Okay, what is the product?
C: It is harmful chemicals in cigarettes.
R: Yes, and your point is? Cigarettes are harmful they even have a warning label on the carton.
C: For the past 20 years of more they have been putting harmful chemicals in cigarettes and nothing is being done about it and I need to complain.
R: Well, are you using these cigarettes?
C: Yes, I have been smoking them for the past 20 years.

The conversation goes on and I go on to tell him that we don't deal with these kinds of issues and that this is an emergency hotline. He says this is an emergency. I’m thinking to myself you have been smoking these deadly cigarettes for 20 years and today it becomes an emergency. I finally had to just hang up on the guy because sometimes you just can’t fix stupid.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Insanity...

Anonymous said...

I love your job...on another note, thanks for posting the new pics from Sea World, those were so cute, I especially like the one of the kids sitting on the bed with Allyson in her sunglasses. I still remember my trip to Sea World as a kid. You're making good memories for your kids. -SPC

Unknown said...

I'm glad it's you and not me. And I thought pharmacy students were frustrating...