Barbie is turning 50 this week. I'm hoping that she is just going through a little midlife crisis or maybe she just had too many martinis. Either way, Barbie went out and got a tatt. The Totally Sylin'Tattoo Barbie is just a little much for this conservative mom. My daughter will not own a doll with a "tramp stamp" this is just a little too much for me. I would never purchase one of those Bratz dolls because I think they are trashy but I thought I was safe with Barbie. The doll even comes with a tattoo gun so that young girls can give each other tattoos. Maybe if I did get Allyson this for her birthday she will have aspirations to be the next Kat Von D. Why can't we teach our young girls that being smart can be beautiful? Why does Barbie have to wear a mid drift and a tatt? Why can't there be more Barbie,MD., teacher Barbie or attorney Barbie? I'm not saying that I'm against tattoos or those that wear them. I was looking at getting a small tattoo at one point in memory of Andrew. I just feel that kids are already growing up much too fast. We just need to let them be little and focus on building self esteem through brains not beauty.
Monday, March 23, 2009
Happy Birthday Barbie!
Posted by Rhandi at 2:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
That is crazy! You know I wasn't allowed to have Barbies because my mom felt she was too materialistic and encouraged "promiscuity" because of living with Ken. Sounds a little intense, but these days is about right. We had the Hart Family instead - like Barbie and Ken but it was a mom, dad, and twin babies - and they had a lot less glamorous stuff. Wonder if they're still around?
i can't believe barbie has stooped this low.
Post a Comment